DONA Summit 2022

View Only
  • 1.  Recertification

Posted 11-09-2022 11:12
    Hello fellow doulas! 
    After such a wonderful summit, I have a question regarding Postpartum recertification. In the information regarding recertification,  it says we need 18hrs, however it also says that if we attended the whole conference even if it doesn't amount to the 18hrs, we have satisfied the requirements. Can someone confirm this please? Also, how is it verified?
    Thanks so much!

Warm regards,

Jennifer Hoch (She/Her) PCD(DONA)
    Postpartum, Birth, and Loss Doula
    Serving Calgary and area

• 2.  RE: Recertification

Posted 11-10-2022 07:30
    Hi Jennifer, I actually called DONA yesterday about this. Apparently if a conference provides less than the 18 hours required for recertification, then it is ok. However, this conference offers well over 18 credits, therefore, so yes, 18 hours are required.
    The summit replays are available until December 30th! Hope this helps.
    Janice

------------------------------
    Janice Metjian PCD(DONA)
    Watertown MA
    (617) 921-8570
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Recertification

Posted 11-10-2022 23:04

Hi Jennifer,

glad to hear that you enjoyed the conference. I did, too, and am still working my way through all of the sessions... :-)

To answer your question: For PP you do need at least 18 CHs, yes. The conference offers even more than that, so you could watch and earn even more (all for the same price). For the virtual conference you receive credit for the sessions you watch completely, and for which you pass the quiz, so it is totally in your control how many CHs you earn up to the full amount possible.
    The sentence in the Recertification Guide about the conference meeting the minimum requirement, even if there are less CHs available, applies to attendance of a full in-person conference! That does not apply to a virtual conference, like we had this year. But at this virtual conference, if you watch and complete all of the available sessions, you will end up with more than the minimum requirement, anyway.

I hope this helps :-)

In the doula spirit,

Uta
    --
    Uta Mattox, AdvCD(DONA)
    Germany