DONA Summit 2022

View Only
  • 1.  DONA Summit Next Week-Introduce Yourself!

Posted 10-20-2022 14:32
    Hello DONA Summit Attendees! 

We've created this summit community in DONA Connect so we have an easy way to communicate with one another! We're looking forward to a fantastic summit and hope you're getting excited too! 

As we put the final touches on the summit, I want to invite us to introduce ourselves here on connect. I'd love to hear a little about fellow summit attendees since we won't be able to meet one another in person this year. 

I'm Melissa, DONA Birth Doula/Trainer/CBE and CLC from Tallahassee, Florida.  I've been a doula for 20 years and have been a member of DONA Intl since 2003. I'm a mom of two young adults ages 21 and 23 and about to celebrate my 24th wedding anniversary soon. This year I'm serving as the conference coordinator for DONA Intl and I've also volunteered in many committees and positions with DONA since 2013. I love our collective efforts, vision, and mission to further doula support and find learning at birth/postpartum conferences as one of my professional pleasures!   A fun fact about me is that I went back to college when my kids left the nest not long ago. I LOVE being back in school and I'm a proud student at THE Florida State University studying Women's, Gender, and Sexuality Studies and Communication!  My daughter (21) and I are actually in some of the same classes.  :) 

For the summit, I'm most looking forward to the talk on Intersectionality as that is part of what I'm studying in college. I also am looking forward to some of the sessions that will bring a presence of peace as I think about the challenges of the last couple of years, as well as those that will offer some new tools for our work.  

So, how about you?  Introduce yourself below and share a little about what you're looking forward to if you'd like to! 

Excitedly, Melissa
    2022 DONA Conference Coordinator
    #DONA22

PS- Feel free to reach out at conferencecoordinator@dona.org if you need to reach me.  :) ​

------------------------------
    Melissa Harley, AdvCD(DONA), BDT(DONA)
    mharley@capitalcitydoulaservices.com

• 2.  RE: DONA Summit Next Week-Introduce Yourself!

Posted 10-21-2022 09:37

I'm Augie Rigual, bilingual DONA Doula trainer and Director of Global Development for DONA International. I have learned so much from and through other around the world and how different things can be for doulas and families, even though birth is birth. 

I can't wait for this year's Summit and listening to Pearls of Wisdom from wonderful speakers. I can't wait to see your faces and share starting this coming Friday. See you then!!!!!

Augie Rigual
    Director of Global Development
    321-287-4833

• 3.  RE: DONA Summit Next Week-Introduce Yourself!

Posted 10-22-2022 07:53
    Hello! I am always excited and look forward to the conference. I am also really looking forward to sharing about movement in the early postpartum period in my session. Look for Recovery and Reconnection in the 4th Trimester: 5 Movement Patterns for the First 10 Days after Birth. 
    Can't wait to hear the other speakers! Great line up. Shout out to the conference committee as I know how much work goes into this. 

--

EMILY WANNENBURG

DN DM (retired), CLC, AdvCD (DONA), HBCE, cPT (AFAA)

Founder and CEO, 4th Trimester Fitness® Method

M: 336.813.0223

E: emily@4tfm.com 

W: www.4tfm.com

IG: @4thTrimesterFitnessMethod

Improving Birth and Motherhood through Movement and Education 

As seen in WSJFox Business and WBIR

Check out the 4th Trimester Fitness Method as featured in the Wall Street Journal

• 4.  RE: DONA Summit Next Week-Introduce Yourself!

Posted 10-23-2022 12:57

Hi everybody, I look forward to the conference!

I have been certified since 1997, so a looong time, and I have attended many DONA Conferences. Many of them in-person, which was great (I actually served on the conference committee for several years), but am thankful for the virtual summit, since for me it would otherwise mean travelling overseas now to attend, which is more challenging and more expensive, for sure, than travelling within the US. But the virtual summit allows me to participate from home, from my favorite spot on my couch :-)

I have served on the Board for a number of years, once as Regional Director, and also as Director of Certification, and I have been a member of the Certification Committee continuously for about 20 years now.

I look forward to 'seeing' doulas from around the world there, and chatting with some of you during some of the live sessions. It won't be the same as connecting in person, but so much better than not connecting at all!

See you all soon,
    Uta
    --
    Uta Mattox, AdvCD(DONA)
    Germany

• 5.  RE: DONA Summit Next Week-Introduce Yourself!

Posted 10-23-2022 15:05
    Utta- I know that I surely speak for many of us to say a big Thank you for you let service and care for DONA.
    Emily

Sent from my iPhone
    --
    Check out the 4th Trimester Fitness Method as featured in the Wall Street
    Journal
    <https: www.wsj.com/articles/congrats-on-the-new-baby-welcome-to-crossfit-11577624401?mod="hp_lead_pos11">

• 6.  RE: DONA Summit Next Week-Introduce Yourself!

Posted 10-23-2022 18:49
    It's always great to see you and share with you, Uta! I remember being at conferences where you chaired and you always being in certification. You have always done and continue to do so much for DONA. Thank you!!!!!!

Augie Rigual
    Director of Global Development
    321-287-4833

• 7.  RE: DONA Summit Next Week-Introduce Yourself!

Posted 10-24-2022 02:03
    I'm so happy for this opportunity! I'm DONA member since 2016 but this will be my first conference. I started out as a volunteer birth doula in a public hospital in Guadalajara, Mexico but for the last two years mostly work with families from my home country Latvia and this year we've also moved here. Lots of things going on and I'm so grateful for every door that has opened for me. I plan on going for IBCLC in the next 2 years and just started my Midwifery Bachelor, it's been quite fun to be back in school after 17 years. I'm really looking forward to all the conference sessions that would be relevant to doulas outside the US, I've also saved the networking time for international doulas and hope to join live. Doula business and burnout, obstetric violence, trauma informed care, doula's role in the medical system are just some of the sessions I've saved in my calendar but hope to listen to all and share with my colleagues locally.

Vaira Avota
    Zapopan
    +5213312495066

• 8.  RE: DONA Summit Next Week-Introduce Yourself!

Posted 10-24-2022 10:14
    HI, I'm Julie Dalla and I'm just so excited for all of it! This is the first time that I took time off work to be present and in the moment of the conference. I was a birth doula for a year and switched over to postpartum work. I've been working part time as a postpartum doula and full time as a massage therapist for 8 years. Now I'm ready to go full time as a doula. I am a single Mom of 3 grown adults and just love helping families on this journey of parenthood. I have learned so much during this time and continue to learn something new with each client I work with. I have 12 years of management retail and 15 years of IP Law/Paralegal experience. I'm in my 3rd career as a doula and massage therapist. I am a life long student and appreciate being part of workshops, conferences and classes.  Thank you for providing such a wonderful education platform.

Julie Dalla Associate of Science Degree
    Los Gatos CA
    (408) 348-9102

• 9.  RE: DONA Summit Next Week-Introduce Yourself!

Posted 10-26-2022 19:05
    Hello! I'm Debbie of Newport News, Virginia.  I've been providing doula support on and off, informally, for the past 26 years, but only began the certification process in 2021. I have 6 grown children, 5 sons and 1 daughter, and 3 grandchildren. This will be my first Summit and I'm greatly looking forward to it.  Pursuing doula work as a career has been quite an adventure as I navigate social media and a new business practice.  Exciting and fun!

Debra Goodman
    Newport News VA
    (757) 268-5658